|Image by M. H. Stephens|
But in June we did some refactoring which has made it possible to implement a series of improvements:
- The configured not-found handler is triggered in more relevant cases, including when accessing a non-existing Form Runner form or document. This works with the controller catching special exceptions, which could not be done before.
- There is a new error handler. Previously, you had to catch errors at the web application level.
- There is a new unauthorized handler, which allows you to show a particular page when a user doesn't have access to a given page or service.
- Path matching is improved:
- it is more efficient
- you simply write matcher="regexp" instead of matcher="oxf:perl5-matcher"
- the matcher can be configured at the top level (regexp or glob)
- Some elements and attributes now have more meaningful names (the older names are deprecated):
- the controller element replaces the config element
- the path attribute replaces the path-info attribute
- the mediatype attribute replaces the mime-type attribute
- A new <service> element is introduced, which describes a service instead of a page.