Major features and enhancement
Liferay 7/DXP support
This version introduces initial Liferay 7/DXP support for the Form Runner proxy portlet. See the documentation for details.
Orbeon Forms Running in Liferay 7/DXP
|Orbeon Forms Running in Liferay 7/DXP|
Improved actions editor
The actions editor is reorganized in 3 tabs:
- General Settings
- Service Request Actions
- Service Response Actions
You can now control much better the maximum size and file types of attachments globally, per application, or per form. In the latter case, the configuration can be done directly in Form Builder's Form Options tab. For more information, see the blog post.
|New Form Options|
Other features and enhancements
- You can now use the value of fields to set email senders and "carbon copy" recipients. See the blog post for more.
New Email Options
- Grids and grid rows which are empty due to hidden fields no longer take vertical space. (#2414)
- Field sizes in automatic PDF mode are now correct. (#3105)
- Incorrect page breaks before sections no longer appear. (#3111)
- Non-relevant data is now annotated as such in the database when saving. (#3065)
- It is possible to store form data in the database using the latest Form Runner data format. (#3110)
- There is a new option to empty non-relevant data with the send action. (#1179)
- Accessibility: HTML labels are no longer present in view mode (#3089)
Other platform enhancements
We continually maintain the Orbeon Forms source code base. This release includes a lot of refactoring as well as better tools for client-side (web browser) programming (#1600). We hope that these changes will allow us to move faster in the future.
Other new features and bug-fixesIncluding the features and enhancements above, we closed over 130 issues since Orbeon Forms 2016.3.
InternationalizationSee Localizing Orbeon Forms for the latest localization support. Localization depends on volunteers, so please let us know if you want to help!
- Form Builder (creating forms)
- Chrome 59 (latest stable version)
- Firefox 54 (latest stable version) and the current Firefox ESR
- IE 11 or Edge
- Safari 8, 9 or 10
- Form Runner (accessing form)
- All browsers supported by Form Builder (see above)
- IE9 and IE10
- Safari Mobile on iOS 8, iOS 9 and iOS 10
- Chrome for Android (stable channel)
Callback for PDF
- PDFs generated from the Form Runner detail page are no longer available via an HTTP GET call. External applications which rely on this as part of a form submission must use instead the pdf or pdf-url content methods.
- As of Orbeon Forms 2017.1, Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) is no longer supported.
- The following components are removed:
- fr:fusion-charts component
- oxf:chart processor