Up until Orbeon Forms 2017.1, Form Builder asks you to confirm certain big operations, but not all. Further, even once you have accepted the operation, the changes are committed to the form. If you made a mistake, then your only option, if you haven't saved your form yet, is to give up all your changes since the last save and to reload the form.
The obvious solution to this problem is a classic undo/redo function, and this is exactly what we implemented in Orbeon Forms 2017.2. The toolbox now shows familiar undo and redo icons.
When hovering over the icons, a tooltip tells you which operation is undone or redone. You can undo most operations which change important aspects of the form:
- control, grid, grid row, section and section template insertion and deletion
- section template merging (new in 2017.2)
- control renaming
- control move via drag and drop (new in 2017.2)
- section move up/down/right/left
- control settings, including itemsets, labels, hint, and validations
We hope you will enjoy this new feature!
NOTE: In this initial version, it is not yet possible to undo changes to the form definition's source code with Edit Source, or changes to actions, services, and other global form settings. We hope to support undoing these operations in the future.