Here is a summary of the Orbeon Forms developments for October/November 2009:
- Next release
- Orbeon Forms 3.7.2 is almost ready. Nightly builds are quite stable and we are almost ready to release!
- Form Builder screencast. We have just produced a screencast showing off Form Builder's basic features in 10 minutes. It doesn't show everything Form Builder and Form Runner can do yet, but it's a start. Feedback is welcome!
- New hosting. The Orbeon web
site and online demos
are now hosted on a much better server, and we have made a bunch of improvements to the web site. Please let us know if you have
- Better demos landing page. The online demos landing page has been updated to better present the major Orbeon Forms forms and samples.
- Better XForms Controls demo. The XForms Controls demo has been improved and comes in two versions: a custom-built XForms Controls demo, and a Form Runner/Form Builder form.
- New Contact form. We have added a simple Contact form demo. The screencast shows how to build and deploy this form in about 10 minutes.
- New reCAPTCHA XBL component. This a reusable CAPTCHA component based on the reCAPTCHA API. It was implemented in record time thanks to our support for XBL components.
- Improved autocomplete control. The autocomplete control has been enhanced to make a distinction between item label and value.
- Reusable Error Summary component. Our Error Summary feature is now a fully reusable component.
- New Alert Dialog component. The alert dialog allows you to build simple dialogs for those cases where you need to inform users of something that happened, or ask a question which can be answered by a yes or a no.
- New function to evaluate AVTs. The xxforms:evaluate-avt() function allow you to dynamically evaluate a string containing an AVT.
- URL rewriting issue in separate deployment now fixed. This was a long-standing issue thanks to the help of Helsinki University of Technology.
- Fix to instance() function. This was also a long-standing issue whereby the instance() function can be called without arguments.
- Secure Copy support. The oxf:file XPL processor now supports copying files with scp.
- XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation. On October 20, and after years of hard work, XForms 1.1 has become a full recommendation! Check the testimonials of member companies. Check also Kurt Cagle's "The Key XForms Enhancements in Version 1.1".
- XForms Working Group face to face meeting. In early November, we had a face to face meeting in California. We made good progress on XForms 1.2/2.0 features such as custom XPath functions, improved UI events, and even discussed the topic of components.
- Security. Security of your XForms-based app is important to you? See what we are doing about security in Orbeon Forms.
- Installation. Installation instructions for Orbeon Forms are now on the Wiki and we have instructions for WebLogic 10/11g.
- Standards and extensions. We put up some doc on the wiki about our stance regarding XForms extensions. Hint: we love standards ;)
- Wiki home page. We refreshed the Orbeon Forms Wiki home page.
- How-to guides
- Implement a hierarchical view in XForms with a single xforms:repeat. See also the result.
- Wondering how to internationalize your XForms application? Then see this documentation on the Orbeon Forms wiki.
- How to use a dialog to edit information shown in a table.
- How to insert a new item into a repeat.
- How to capture rich HTML text.
- How to do a post back to the window that opened a pop-up (if you really have to use pop-ups!)
- How to delegate validation to an external service in XForms.
- eXist's Wolfgang Meier on FLOSS Weekly. Check this podcast interview of Wolfgang, the main developer of the eXist XML database that we ship with Orbeon Forms.
Great Work ! guys..ReplyDelete
could you guys can tell me how to deploy Orbeon Form runner/Form Builder it in a Liferay 5.2.3 portal
narveen - i am having the same issue. deployed successfully in liferay 5.2.3, can create forms and run them, but how on earth do you make the forms you create in Form Builder visible in a portlet? i can't find any documentation on this.ReplyDelete