This is a summary of the Orbeon Forms developments for December 2009 - February 2010:
Form Builder / Form Runner
Orbeon Forms enhancements
Documentation, how-tos, and examples
- Numbering. Since there are about 300 changes since 3.7.1, the upcoming Orbeon Forms release will be numbered 3.8 instead of 3.7.2.
- Schedule. We are trying our best to release 3.8 really soon! The release notes have been updated already but we have some outstanding issues to address before we release.
- Improved look and feel. There is now a clear difference between what belongs to the builder vs. the edited form.
- Summary page. The summary page has a nicer search area and list of forms using the datatable component.
- Asynchronous submissions. Much improved asynchronous submissions are in!
- Keyboard shortcuts. You can now listen to keyboard shortcuts in XForms to run actions.
- Tab view. The tab view XBL component now supports dynamically hiding tabs, as well as disabling them.
- New selection control. We implemented a two-list select in a dialog.
- Repeat over values. Orbeon Forms now supports xforms:repeat over values.
- Focus. We now implement properly the XForms 1.1 behavior for setfocus/xforms-focus.
- Index changed event. We implemented an extension event to detect a repeat index change.
- Itemset function. New extension XPath function to obtain an itemset in XML or JSON: xxforms:itemset().
- How-tos. There is a growing number of how-tos on the wiki!
- Improved events documentation. We consolidated, expanded and wiki-fied the documentation on events.
- Improved repeat documentation. We consolidated the documentation on xforms:repeat.
- Improved XPath functions documentation. We finished migrating the documentation on XPath functions to the wiki.
- Improved formats documentation. All the fancy formats accepted in input by the date and time fields are now documented on the wiki.
- XForms Working Group. The XForms Working Group at W3C had a virtual face day, and has a new proposed charter.
- Partnership with Spagic. Orbeon has partnered with Spagic.
this is great - can't wait for the new release. still struggling with deploying a form created in form builder to a liferay portlet. any updates on liferay integration with this release?ReplyDelete
Ross, we haven't done any particular work on Liferay integration for this release.ReplyDelete