When you download recent builds of Orbeon Forms, you will notice that there is now sample data in these forms out of the box, especially the Bookshelf form.
How is this done? Orbeon Forms ships with an embedded eXist XML database.
- Outside the build process:
- We enter sample data into a locally deployed eXist database.
- Then, with the eXist ant tasks, we export this data to disk, into a hierarchical structure committed alongside the source code in git.
- As part of the build process:
- Sample data is imported into a clean eXist database.
- The database files are added to the Orbeon WAR file.
And presto, by default when you start Orbeon Forms the database includes the sample data.
|Bookshelf form with sample data|