In this build we have implemented the following improvements:
- Invalid controls in Form Builder do not prevent saving and publishing the form (#341).
- Orbeon Forms outputs the HTML 5 doctype by default (#306).
- The language selection logic in Form Runner is rewritten and allows configuring which of the languages present in a form must be visible (#166, #117).
- We fixed an error in Form Builder when inserting a specific XBL control (#322).
- The $fr-roles variable works again (#328).
- fr:tabview events have been fixed (#329).
- We removed unwanted messages in the logs about missing instances (#174).
- The Page Flow Controller (PFC) has been partially rewritten to address the following:
- It now displays the configured error page in more relevant cases, including when accessing a non-existing Form Runner form (#150).
- Some elements and attributes now have more meaningful names, and the older names are deprecated.
- It supports an error handler in the PFC itself (instead of the web application level).
We have also removed support for some old bits and pieces which were getting in the way:
- XForms: the "nospan" HTML mode.
- XPL: the uri and encapsulation attributes.
- PFC: custom matchers ("glob" and regular expressions are now built-in).
- Core: the Apache Jakarta ORO library (we use Java regular expressions everywhere).
- XUpdate support.
More information is available in the in-progress release notes for 4.0.
You can download the builds using these links:
- PE version: orbeon-4.0.0.m5.201207030329-PE.zip
- CE version: orbeon-4.0.0.m5.201207030346-CE.zip
Please send feedback preferably to the ops-users list or via twitter (if short!), or feel free to comment on this blog entry if appropriate.
Post a Comment