Repeated grids and sections usually work as follows:
- At design time, the form author:
- creates a repeated grid or section and adds controls within it.
- specifies a minimum and/or a maximum number of allowed repetitions (there might be no minimum or maximum).
- specifies a number of initial repetitions.
- At runtime:
- Users can add, remove, or reorganize the repetitions.
- Optionally, the grids can be populated by services.
You enable this simply by selecting the "One repetition" or "Other" radio buttons in the "Repeated Content" tab of the "Section/Grid Settings" dialog.
|Repeated Content Settings|
At runtime, the user can still enter information in the frozen rows, unless form controls are specifically marked as readonly. But the repetitions cannot be moved or removed.
|Repeated grid with two frozen repetitions|