Major features and enhancements
New indexes for relational database performance
- the blog post we published on the new index tables for relational databases introduced in Orbeon Forms 2016.2, to understand what the changes entail,
- and the section of the documentation on how to reindex your Orbeon Forms database when upgrading to 2016.2.
Form Options in Form Builder
- Whether the form is a singleton form. This option existed in previous versions under General Settings. (doc)
- Whether the form uses the Wizard View. By default, the published form uses the configuration set via properties. (doc)
- Appearance of control labels and control hints. The main use is to specify that text input fields hints appear as inline placeholders. By default, the published form uses the configuration set via properties. (doc)
Ability to send binary PDF to services
Form Runner function library
Accessibility / HTML layout
- We introduce a new option to show a separate table of contents instead of always showing it to the left of the content.
- You can enable subsection navigation, which shows one nested subsection at a time instead of showing all subsections together.
- The wizard now shows improved status options for each section.
Other features and enhancements
- Repeated grid/section: option to always insert at end (#2747)
- Form Metadata API returns latest updated version instead of latest version (#2780)
- Form Metadata API: option to return all non-deleted form versions (#2781)
- Flat view support for SQL Server (#2790)
- Proxy portlet: property to disable namespace mapping (#2764)
Other platform enhancements
Other new features and bug-fixesIncluding the major features and enhancements above, we closed over 70 issues since Orbeon Forms 2016.1.
InternationalizationSee Localizing Orbeon Forms for the latest localization support. Localization depends on volunteers, so please let us know if you want to help!
- Form Builder (creating forms)
- Chrome 42 (latest stable version)
- Firefox 48 (latest stable version) and the current Firefox ESR
- IE 11 or Edge
- Safari 8 or 9
- Form Runner (accessing form)
- All browsers supported by Form Builder (see above)
- IE8, IE9 and IE10
- Safari Mobile on iOS 7, iOS 8 and iOS 9
- Chrome for Android (stable channel)
Deprecations and removals
- The oxf:from-xls-converter processor is deprecated and will be removed in a subsequent release.
- The deprecated XMLDB processors are removed.
- The oxf.fr.detail.hints.inline property is deprecated. Use oxf.fr.detail.hint.appearance instead. (doc)
- xforms-disable-hint-as-tooltip is deprecated. Use oxf.fr.detail.hint.appearance instead. (doc)